Classes of hosting solutions
A hosting service suggests depositing and/or sharing certain web content on a web server administered by a hosting company. There are various varieties of hosting services used for different goals, so let's take a look at them. In this way, you can choose what you need, based on whether you desire to own a web site, electronic mail accounts, or to share files with friends and partners.
- File hosting: a service furnished by various web hosts, which permits you to share large files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archives, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only goal is to share files, since it does not support web site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore a roster of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to open .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free-of-cost file hosting packages are often supported by displaying advertisements by the download links, while a timer obliges you to wait for a given span of time to see them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you have a paid file storage account, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limit when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting distributors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is a totally inaccurate interpretation of the literal definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would allot the workload between autonomous groups of web servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending different web space hosting services (electronic mail, disk storage, statistics, DNS, databases, webspace hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is merely a sort of a data storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; certain distributors offer a hosting solution for images exclusively. This hosting variant is good if you wish to share a vast quantity of images with buddies or acquaintances since the solution is usually free of cost. You will obtain a randomly generated link for each and every picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be used for sites.
- E-mail hosting: a service committed to taking care of your e-mail aliases. Some distributors provide site hosting solutions for sites, but do not supply an email hosting service. If you wish to run an e-mail address with your domain name but do not want to keep a web site, then the email hosting solution is what you require. You can open mail accounts and manage them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The e-mail hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a particular video clip, or you can embed the video clip in your website that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of utilizing this approach instead of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video clip brings about a given amount of CPU load, so with a handful of video clips and a few hundred web page viewers, you may have a problem with your hosting supplies. Embedding the video clip will allow you to manage as many video files as you desire without bothering about system supplies.
- Website hosting: this is the service that you require if you want to have a website. To a certain degree, it consists of all of the aforesaid hosting groups since, along with your sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can create databases and mail address accounts, upload video clips, etc. At Exclusive Hosting, for instance, you can examine web hosting and dedicated hosting solutions that enable you to get all of the aforementioned solutions in one location. There may be limits based on the sort of hosting service that you've selected - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web site hosting package may be better or worse compared to the customary email/file/video/image hosting plans that are purposed for specific web content only.